Monday, November 9, 2009

Calling Hearts - Return To Base (1981)

Outstanding minimal synth 7" from the UK. I don't know much about the bands discography, other than the fact that they have another 7" titled "Haunted House" (anyone have mp3s?), and the b-side of this 7" can be found on "East Of Croydon " compilation over at Mutant Sounds. Then there's a loose track I've been able to find called "Cosmology", but I cannot find any information about it. I hope someone out there knows something. It's an outstanding song, perhaps my favorite of theirs... Enjoy!

Track List:

A - Return To Base
B - In The Jungle

Download



P.S. They have another 7" called "Haunted House" that I ripped here if anyone is curious, but I warn you -- it's pretty crap, nowhere near as good as the one above.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great single.

Anonymous said...

The flipside sounds like a true lost classic. Immediately somewhat familiar and really good. I just listen to side A and I like it. Hard to compare stuff that makes me want to hear more. Please, anyone? Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

My friend told me Cosmology was never officially released. Some German guy on Soulseek got it directly from one of the band members. The song is indeed much better than the tracks you posted here, which I don't like at all.

Vanilla Face said...

Hmm, thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXZynw8Y4aI

Vanilla Face said...

A friend of mine uploaded that after getting it from here ;D

Ben Gummery said...

I'm related to one of the band members...but i only have the two tracks mentioned.

There is talk of a new pressing at at the moment.