Monday, June 14, 2010

Cunning Toy - Searching (1987)

I'm quite proud to present one of my favorite 12" records ever. Outstanding German synthpop that feels way ahead of its time. These gems are brought to you by a few of the same guys that created the ultra great New Scientists LP and 12". You can grab those from my earlier post, here. Needless to say, this record is extremely rare.

This actually sounds quite similar to how DM sounded around the same time. Maybe it's just a coincidence... In any case, it really captures and defines the sound of German synthpop from the mid/late 80s into the very early 90s. Certainly amongst the best of the bunch. I promise, you don't want to miss this one. Enjoy!

Track List:

A1 - Searching
B1 - My Submission
B2 - Kiss Of Life

Download

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, finally!!! thank you thank you thank you!

optikal said...

never even heard of this, but I love it!

Anonymous said...

Cunning Toy is awesome. And it's not a coincidence - Dero Goi (then known as Stephan Musiol) has said it was a band that influenced him ;)
I've got to find this record somewhere!

Anonymous said...

Someone got the lyrics?? I have some difficulty to understand it